Project included 30,000 sf of additional space, with a new lobby, administrative area, meeting spaces, and toilet areas.
- Mechanical work incorporated a complete renovation of the first-floor mechanical systems from the original constant volume systems to new, energy-efficient, variable air volume systems. Another energy savings modification included a complete change from existing pneumatic controls to direct digital controls, allowing the entire building to be managed from a single computer.
- Lighting fixtures were upgraded throughout the facility, and lighting controls were incorporated into the same control system utilized by the mechanical equipment.
- An existing theater was modified for noise control and additional lighting control.
- A large kitchen was added to serve the additional patrons expected in the convention center.
- A display foyer and the associated mechanical and electrical systems were added on the second floor.